1. Near a pedestrian crossing, when the pedestrians are waiting to cross the road, what should you do?
Answer: Stop the vehicle, wait until the pedestrians cross the road and then proceed.
2. You are approaching a narrow bridge, another vehicle is about to enter the bridge from the opposite side, what should you do?
Answer: Let the other vehicle cross the bridge first, afterwards you proceed.
3. When your vehicle is involved in an accident which causes injury to any person, animal or causes damage to any other car or property, what should you do?
Answer: Don’t panic! Take all the reasonable steps to secure medical attention to the injured and report it to the nearest police station within 24 hours.
4. How should you drive on a road designated as one way?
Answer: You should not drive in reverse gear
5. How can you overtake a vehicle in front?
Answer: You can overtake through the right side of that vehicle.
6. When a vehicle approaches an unguarded railway level crossing, before crossing it, what should the driver do?
Answer: Stop the vehicle on the left side of the road, get down from the vehicle, go to the railway track, and ensure that no train or trolley is coming from either side.
7. How can you distinguish a transport vehicle?
Answer: You can distinguish a transport vehicle by looking at the number plate of the vehicle.
8. What is the validity of a learner’s license?
Answer: 6 months
9. In a road without a footpath, where the pedestrians should walk?
Answer: The pedestrians should walk on the right side of the road.
10. Free passage should be given to the following types of vehicles?
Answer: Ambulance and fire service vehicles.
11. Vehicles proceeding from the opposite direction should be allowed to pass through?
Answer: Your right side.
12. Which side of the road, the driver of a motor vehicle shall drive through?
Answer: The left side of the road.
13.When a vehicle is parked on the road side during night?
Answer: The Park light shall remain lit.
14. Fog lamps are used?
Answer: When there is mist.
15. Zebra lines are meant for?
Answer: Pedestrians crossing.
16. What a driver should do when an ambulance is approaching?
Answer: The driver shall allow free passage by drawing to the side of the road.
17. Red traffic light indicates?
Answer: Stop the vehicle.
18. Parking a vehicle in front of the entrance to the hospital?
19. Where the “Slippery road sign” is seen on the road, what should the driver do?
Answer: Reduce the speed by changing the gear.
20. Overtaking is prohibited in following circumstances?
Answer: When it is likely to cause inconvenience or danger to other traffic.
21. Overtaking when approaching a bend?
Answer: Not permissible.
22. Drunken driving?
Answer: Prohibited in all vehicles.
23. Use of horn prohibited?
Answer: Near Hospital, Courts of Law.
24. Why is the rear view mirror used?
Answer: For watching the traffic approaching from behind.
25. Boarding in and alighting from a vehicle while in motion?
Answer: Prohibited in all vehicles.
26. Parking is permitted?
Answer: Where parking is not prohibited.
27. When the fuel is being filled in a vehicle?
Answer: Owner/driver/people around must not smoke or light anything.
28. Mobile phones shall not be used?
Answer: While driving a vehicle.
29. When overtaking is prohibited?
Answer: When the road ahead is not clearly visible.
30. The pedestrians shall not cross the road at sharp bends or very near to a stopped vehicle. Why?
Answer: Drivers of other vehicles coming at a distance may not see the person crossing the road.
31. Owner or driver of a vehicle always carry the following documents while driving?
Answer: Registration certificate, PUC certificate, Insurance papers, Tax token, Driving License.
32. While turning to a road of the left of the road in which you are going, what you should do?
Answer: Show the left turn signal, keep it to the left side of the road and turn to the left.
33. What’s the validity of P.U.C.C. Pollution under Control Certificate?
Answer: 6 months.
34. While you are driving with the headlight in high beam during night, a vehicle approaches from the opposite direction, you will?
Answer: Dim the headlight till the vehicle passes.
35. The Driver of the vehicle extends his right arm with the palm downward and moves the arm upward and downward several times. You will understand that?
Answer: He is slowing down the vehicle.
36. When you see the traffic sign School, what should you do?
Answer: Slow down and proceed with caution.
37. While turning to the left, the driver of a two wheeler shall?
Answer: Show left turn signal with his right hand.
38. The signal while taking U-turn?
Answer: Right turn signal.
39. The driver of a vehicle shall not take U-turn?
Answer: On a busy road.
40. Before overtaking a vehicle, it should be ensured that?
Answer: The road ahead is clearly visible and it is safe to overtake.
41. Number of persons can be carried in the cabin of a Goods carriage?
Answer: As many persons as recorded in the Registration Certificate.
42. When your vehicle is being overtaken, what should you do?
Answer: Not obstruct the other vehicle from over taking.
43. The hand brake is to be used?
Answer: To park a vehicle.
44. More than two persons on a two wheeler is?
Answer: Violation of law.
45. You want to overtake a vehicle near a hospital. You will?
Answer: Not blow horn.
46. Using unregistered vehicle in public place is?
47. Minimum age for obtaining a driving license for transport vehicles?
Answer: 20 years.
48. Overtaking is prohibited in the following case?
Answer: Narrow Bridge.
49. If a person in charge of an animal apprehending that the animal may become unmanageable, request to stop a vehicle?
Answer:-The driver shall stop the vehicle.
50. Parking prohibited in the following case?
Answer: Near traffic light.
51. Over speeding?
Answer: Is an offense leading to suspension or cancellation of driving license.
52. When school buses are stopped for picking up or setting down students?
Answer: Proceed slowly and cautiously since there is a chance of students suddenly crossing the road.
53. When a blind person crosses the road holding white cane?
Answer: The driver of a vehicle shall consider the white cane as a traffic sign to stop the vehicle.
54. When a motor vehicle is involved in an accident?
Answer: Shall report to the nearest police station within 24hours.
55. When any property of a third party is damaged due to an accident?
Answer: Driver shall report to the nearest police station within 24 hours.
56. When the vehicle behind has begun to overtake your vehicle?
Answer: You shall not overtake another vehicle.
57. The driver of the vehicle in front has not given signal overtaking?
Answer: We shall not overtake.
58. When your vehicle is being overtaken?
Answer: You shall not increase speed.
59. Parking is prohibited in the following place?
Answer: Entrance of hospital.
60. Parking is prohibited in the following place?
Answer: Blocking a fire hydrant.
61. To carry a pillion rider on a motorcycle?
Answer: The vehicle shall be provided with foot rest, hand grip and sari guard.
62. Smoking while driving a public service vehicle?
Answer: Can attract suspension of driving license.
63. Abandoning a vehicle in a public place causing inconvenience to others or passengers?
Answer: The driving license is liable to be suspended or cancelled.
64. When you reach an intersection where there is no signal light or police man, you will?
Answer: Give way to the traffic approaching the intersection on your right side and proceed after giving necessary signals.
65. While you are approaching an intersection where the yellow signal light is blinking, you should?
Answer: Slow down the vehicle and proceed only after ensuring that it is safe to do so.
66. Where the road is marked with a continuous yellow line, the vehicle should?
Answer: Not touch or cross the yellow line.
67. The driver of a tractor shall not carry?
Answer: Any person other than the driver.
68. While a vehicle entering a main road from a branch road, the driver shall give preference?
Answer: To all vehicles proceeding along the main road.
69. You can overtake a vehicle through the left side if?
Answer: The driver of that vehicle indicates his intention to turn right and proceeds to the center of the road.
70. A vehicle can be seized by authorized officers, if?
Answer: The vehicle is not covered by a valid registration or permit?
71. Type of horn permitted?
Answer: Electric horn.
72. Road on which driving in reverse gear is prohibited?
Answer: One-way road.
73. If drunken driving is detected, the driver is liable to be punished with…?
Answer: Imprisonment which may extend to 6 months or Rs. 2000/- as fine or both.
74. You hold a learner’s license for motorcycle..?
Answer: You will not carry any other person on the motor cycle except for the purpose of getting instructions from an instructor who holds a valid driving license to drive a motorcycle.
75. When the yellow light at an intersection appears on the signal light, the driver of an approaching vehicle should?
Answer: Slow down to stop.
76. All motor vehicles must be covered by?
Answer: Third party insurance.
77. Minimum distance to be kept from the vehicle going in front?
Answer: Safe distance according to speed.
78. The number of passengers permitted to be taken in a private vehicle is recorded in the..?
Answer: Registration certificate.
79. Overtaking is prohibited when..?
Answer: Vehicle is driven on a steep hill?
80. If the road is marked with broken white lines, you….?
Answer: Can change track if required.
81. Blinking red traffic light, means?
Answer: Stop the vehicle and proceed if safe.
82. What is defensive driving?
Answer: Driving cautiously anticipating violation of traffic rules and road signs both by drivers and other road users.
83. What is meant by the stop line?
Answer: A line with 5 centimeters width in white or yellow color at the approach of road junction or pedestrian crossing.
84. Before starting the engine of a vehicle?
Answer: Check radiator water level and engine oil level.
85. Maximum permissible speed of a motorcycle?
Answer: The speed limit for motorcycles in India varies based on state & vehicle type. However as per Bangalore RTO guidelines it’s 50km/hr.
86. Maximum permissible speed of a motor car near educational institutions?
87. When Lorries are loaded?
Answer: The load shall not project on both sides.
88. Maximum length of load that can be projected from the rear part of a goods carriage
89. Maximum permissible speed of heavy motor vehicle in the cities
90. Maximum distance allowed between towing and towed vehicle?
Answer: 5 meters.
91. Maximum permissible speed of a motorcycle in cities?
92. Maximum speed permitted for vehicles towing another vehicle?
93. Circumstances in which a motorcycle can be driven at the speed of 60Km/hr.?
Answer: Under no circumstances.
94. The maximum speed permitted for motorcycles in the city during night time?
95. Maximum permissible speed of an auto rickshaw near educational institutions?
96. Maximum permissible speed of a light motor vehicle near educational institutions?
97. Maximum permissible speed of an auto rickshaw?
Answer: 40 Km/hr.
98. According to section 112 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988?
Answer: Speed limit shall not be exceeded.
99. Section 113 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 stipulates that the driver should not drive a vehicle…?
Answer: Exceeding the weight permitted to carry.
100. Maximum speed allowed to vehicles passing a procession?
101. The height limit of load on goods vehicle from ground level?
Answer: 3.8 meters
102. Maximum permissible speed of heavy motor vehicle near education institution?
103. Maximum permissible speed of heavy passenger motor vehicle near educational institution?
104. According to section 129 of Motor Vehicle Act 1988 a person driving a motor cycle shall?
Answer: Wear helmet
105. Maximum permissible speed of a medium motor vehicle near educational institution?
106. Maximum speed of heavy motor vehicles?
107. You wish to take “U” turn at an intersection controlled by a traffic light what you should do?
Answer: Make the “U” turn if there is a policeman at the intersection.
108. Zig-Zag driving is
Answer: Dangerous to all at all times.
109. You are on a long downhill slope. What should you do to help control the speed of your vehicle?
Answer: Change to low gear.
110. To supervise a learner driver you MUST?
Answer: Be an approved driving instructor.
111. It is essential to wear a helmet while driving a two-wheeler because?
Answer: It is for your individual safety.
112. When you shall sound the horn of your vehicle?
Answer: To give you right of way.
113. You are behind a bus that has stopped to pick up or drop off passengers what you should do?
Answer: Wait behind patiently.
114. You are overtaking a car at night. You must ensure that?
Answer: You use dipper before overtaking.
115. The middle lane is for?
Answer: Traffic at 40Km/hr.
116. You stop for pedestrians waiting to cross at a Zebra crossing. They do not start to cross. What should you do?
Answer: Be patient and wait.
117. You are allowed to park in?
Answer: Authorized parking.
118. A high beam in foggy conditions?
Answer: Is bad because it reflects back and can dazzle.
119. Dipping your light is necessary when?
Answer: It is foggy.
120. You are driving. A vehicle comes up quickly behind, flashing head lamps. What you should do?
Answer: Allow the vehicle to overtake, if safe.
121. You are driving in rain. Why should you keep well back from the vehicle in front?
Answer: Incase it stop suddenly.